Can the announcements of who is friending who be stopped?

There are so many announcements of who friends who, and I can't see how that is of use to anyone? Many times new users friend a dozen people when they first join. Then you never hear from them again. But I can send messages to anyone I want without friending them, not sure the purpose of friending here anyway. So "friending" is not all that meaningful even to the people who are being friended, but seems of absolutely no use to uninvolved individuals. And we can't see notifications of new posts etc, which seem to be of more interest.

In fact, people who want to meet me are welcome to just send a message, no need to go through the step of friending :)
Wednesday, June 13 2012, 04:43 AM

Accepted Answer

Wednesday, June 13 2012, 09:20 PM - #Permalink
Resolved
1 votes
This can be turned off individually in your privacy settings, but I have yet to find a way to limit it globally. I actually agree with this, I kind of feel like who is friending who is something I would prefer to be set to private by default. I'll ask the developers and let you guys know if anything comes of it.
  • Vancouver.Stork
    more than a month ago
    > This can be turned off individually in your privacy settings

Exactly which option is it in the privacy settings?
The reply is currently minimized Show
Responses (3)
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, June 13 2012, 01:53 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    2 votes
    I've wondered the same thing. It's annoying when the entire news feed is filled with "X is now friends with Y", "Z is now friends with Q", "B is now friends with P", etc. :D
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, June 13 2012, 03:47 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    I think you can turn it off in your settings. It never bothered me, though, so I left it on.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, June 13 2012, 05:18 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Doesn't really bother me. Could also turn off all the "group joins" and the "avatar changes" and so on, so forth... furthermore if you can turn it off in your settings, problem solved. :)
    The reply is currently minimized Show
Your Reply

KDR Community

Statistics
Total Members: 17358
Total Groups: 68
Total Photos: 15120
Total Videos: 141

Support KDR

Please consider supporting our mission

Find us on